[pct-l] bears

However if you are talking biodiversity, I think the PCT would easily
surpass the CDT given the variety of ecoregions one would hike through on
the PCT.  Unless you're only counting charismatic-mega-fauna then I'm sure
the CDT would win.

Christy

>Although incredibly scenic, viewing wildlife is one on my main reason for
>hiking, and unless you count lizards and marmots (lol) the PCT offered the
>least
>amount of wildlife of the Triple Crown, atleast when I passed, while the
>CDT
>had by far the most.
>
>Literally 1000's of elk, plus deer, black bear, griz, moose, antelope, wild
>horses, mountain lion, rattle snake, javelina, mountain goat, mountain
>sheep
>(ram?), marmot, pika, bald and golden eagle, cranes, etc.  It seemed
>everyday it
>was something new.
>
>It's well worth the effort and a good choice after hiking the PCT.
>
>YMMV,
>
>Sly

Working moms: Find helpful tips here on managing kids, home, work ?  and
yourself.   http://special.msn.com/msnbc/workingmom.armx