[pct-l] RE: umbrellas

At 08:31 PM 27/12/2003, you wrote:
>I hiked with a guy who uses two hiking poles and wouldn't be without his
>umbrella. He was able to simply slip the handle under his sternum strap
>and rest the umbrella against his shoulder. (Probably not good for use in
>windy weather.)

Hi

Have tried a similar approach when testing my Birdiepal umbrella for
BackpackGearTest.org. I could never get my head around using the umbrella
whilst bushwalking but.

I think Shane (one of the testers) came up with a pretty good arrangement
which allowed him to use the umbrella hands-free.  I think he wrote it up
in one of his reports. Details at <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/birdiepal/>.

Buen camino
Andrew

--