[pct-l] Raingear , socks and Walmart

 Raingear?? Frogg Toggs are the most popular last few years and do a decent job for the weight and price. Another good choice is a 1.1 oz. sil nylon poncho. These are quite light and breath better than jackets. ( Go to Traildad's site to see how to make a poncho/tarp combo ) Plus at camp your poncho can be used for a ton of uses.
  Socks ?? Smartwool has been the most popular in recent years. They are a bit warm for desert heat hiking, but nice in 2 inches of wet fresh snow here in Washington. ( Which can happen 10 months a year)
  Weather on PCT the last few years been been a abnormal treat with hikers seeing less than 2 weeks of rain their whole trip. I think this is a " Set Up" and this year's hiker's will see more. ( Even in 1977 I had 11 straight days of rain about mid-august after a light winter) So far I've had snow twice in my yard and last year not a flake. Also lost several snowshoers in cascades this year to avalanche this season. This years PCT crowd may see a bit more rough weather than the last few years. We haven't had a rough year since 1996 when only 9 hikers finished the trail.
 Walmart, where America shops!! my two cents, If you took everything off the shelves made in China there, all you would have left is a few bags of chips and some toothpaste and soap!!