[pct-l] Gates in the Sierras

Monache Meadows near the northern bridge crossing of the South Fork of the
Kern River ("Swallow Bridge") was full of cows in August this year.  They didn't
like us hiking around them and let us know.  I even had a vicious looking
bull stare me down as we canyoneered down the river back towards Kennedy Meadows.
 I'm sure glad that he  didn't charge cause I didn't want to have pull out my
huge 12 inch blade hunting knife and . .   .

. . . well, commit suicide so that him goring me wouldn't hurt as bad! ;-)

I remember a couple of fences on the trail up from Kennedy Meadows but no
gates.  I guess they just stay in the meadows and don't wander back down that dry
section of the PCT to the south so no need for a gate.  I didn't see any sort
of a caretaker except a makeshift semi-permanent tent and hut in Monache
Meadows.

Greg