[pct-l] Climbing Lassen

While on the subject of climbing south sister, which has a definite, well
marked trail, I highly encourage at least thinking about hiking up Mt.
Lassen.  It's a bit off the PCT, but a round trip of four hours or so from
the trailhead, for those in shape.

Butt Mtn is a prelude, and nothing more.  I was blown off Lassen once when
trying to hike up the trail.  60 mph winds with higher gusts made for a very
scary experience.  I turned around after being blown off the trail...

Jeff Olson
Laramie WY, where the snow is melting...