[pct-l] Resupply in Etna?

To offer a different opinion, I went by Etna this summer, going from
Dunsmuir to Seiad straight through.  Dunsmuir to Etna took 5 days
through some really nice terrain.  Etna is, as I recall, about 100
miles from Dunsmuir and makes a pretty logical resupply point.  But,
I liked being out hiking and didn't really want to go into town,
particularly since I'd just had a day and a half off in Dunsmuir.

Chris

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, Brian Bowlsby wrote:

> My thru-hike itinerary, (taken from the PCT Hiker's Handbook) calls for
> resupplying in Etna, CA. I've noticed that the Data Book and also the Town
> Guide both skip over Etna and go from Castella to Seiad Valley as resupply
> options? Well, the town guide mentions Etna but not as a primary resupply
> point.  Etna's not even mentioned in the Data book?
>
> My question is, do most thru-hikers skip Etna and resupply at Castella and
> Seiad Valley which are ~157 miles apart! Or, is it worth it to stop at Etna?
> I'm planning on averaging about 25 mi./day from Castella - Seaid Valley, so
> that's about 6.5 days food...
>
> Brian Bowlsby
> PCT '04

Christopher Willett