[pct-l] Re: Headlamps and Flashlights.

I recently used a "Princeton Tec Aurora" on a late season, moonless, backpack in the Emmigrant
Wilderness.  I liked many things about it:  its compactness, light weight, ample brightness,
"nearly infinite" battery life, and the fact that it runs off of standard and inexpensive
AAA's rather than more expensive and harder to obtain camera or watch batteries.

A couple of things that I didn't like:
1.  The dimmest mode is still very bright.  Would be nice to have a truly dim mode.
2.  The salesrep at REI warned me that the friction "locked" hinge works loose over time,
    so I should carry a small screwdriver so I can retighten.  Havn't had this happen yet
    but seems plausible that it will.

What I REALLY didn't like:
The switch is VERY stiff, to the point of being really hard to operate,
particularly when wearing the thing.  I found myself leaving it on (and off) far longer than
I otherwise would, just to avoid the awkward task of cycling it on/off.
Has anyone else had this problem?  I am wondering if my switch is defective, or if perhaps
it gets less stiff after a bit of use?

Michael Arnold.