[pct-l] FEMA and insurance

I sure don't know about the fires and all but when we were hit by hurricane Opal in 1995 it was our own private insurance that covered our losses. We did get a low interest loan  from FEMA to cover uninsured losses. The loan was at 4 percent interest and we paid back every cent of it. Just as our neighbors did also. If anyone around here got free money I sure am not aware of it.  I admit that 4 percent was better than we could have gotten in the private market but still the Government made money on the loan.

Combined work time /  tax paying time for my wife and I is about 75 years.
In our neighborhood it must be about 400 years at least. we are all older folks. We choose to live on a large body of water and we pay very high insurance rates because of our choice.

Take care and see you up the trail .
Waterboy