[pct-l] Sierra runs - swallow bridge

Wow Strider, you're brave!  Or just plain crazy!  :)

I wish I could be like all you who don't treat your water.  I really do.  I
watch you put your water bottles in a stream, then just drink!!  What
freedom.  But I admit that I've bought into all the hype that the filter
manufacturers put out there.  I treat all my water.

>From: Bighummel@aol.com
>To: yogilists@hotmail.com, pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
>Subject: Re: [pct-l] Sierra runs - swallow bridge
>Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 13:19:44 EST
>
>If by "swallow bridge" you mean the northern-most bridge over the Sth Fork
>of
>the Kern River about 14 miles north of Kennedy Meadows with all of the
>swallow nests underneath;
>
>  I drank unfiltered water from above and below this bridge in late summer
>this year when the river was running low, with cow pies in the water and on
>the
>water's edge.  None of the five of us in our party had any problem.  I just
>made sure that I collected my water from beneath the surface in the fastest
>moving part of the current.
>
>FWIW,
>
>Greg
>"Strider"
>Hummel

MSN Shopping upgraded for the holidays!  Snappier product search...
http://shopping.msn.com