[pct-l] re: Cook pots

>>same weight as aluminum and get a far more durable
>>pot than aluminum  which melts easy and dents/bends
>>much easier

I must confess, my almost 5 yr old cookpot is banged,
dented, warped a bit, etc.After a PCT thru (and a a
stint on the LT and other points), it has character to
say the least. :-)

But..it is only to cook my camp meals! I don't worry
too much about dents and dings. Will it hold water?
Will the water boil? Yep...
Maybe I am being a bit of iconoclast, but I stongly
believe in the KISS principle. If a $4 cook pot works
in terms of weight and usability..well, good enough
for me.

'sides, something about pulling out this dinged up pot
and have the Boulder granola yuppies give me that
"He obviously does not know what he is doing" look
makes for a funny moment.

=====
--Thoreau