[pct-l] printing maps

At 06:35 PM 11/4/2003 -0800, scott deputy wrote:
>I've been looking at the trail maps on Hiker Trash Haven and would like to
>print some but I don't have any software that will print JPEGS with out
>having to first convert them into bitmaps.

You didn't say what kind of computer and operating system you are using.
Odds are, regardless of what system you are using, free software exists to
do this.

Consider Gimp. http://www.gimp.org/ Gimp works on Unix/Linux and Windows.

However, in recent versions of Internet Explorer on Windows, you can
right-click an image and select "Print picture."

I'm not an Apple guy, so I can't help you if you are using a Mac.

If you do print out your images out, consider National Geographic Adventure
Paper. It's waterproof and tear-resistant. REI sells it.

Tangent