[pct-l] cook pots

I own both the .9 and 1.3 liter Evernew titanium pots, which I got as
gifts. I use the .9 for solo hiking and the 1.3 otherwise. I love them
both, but admit that they probably don't have a great advantage over
aluminum pots. The one slight downside to titanium is, being a harder
metal, it slides more easily on the stove than does aluminum, so you
need a more level cooking surface or a snug windscreen to keep the pot
in place. However, I've never had a pot actually slide off.
Ron

> Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 16:04:47 -0700 (MST)
> From: Steve Setzer <Steven.Setzer@Colorado.EDU>
> Subject: [pct-l] cook pots
> To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
> Do most thru hikers use titanium pots these days?  It seems like they
are
> the lightest option.  Do they have any performance problems compared
> other pots (stainless steel, aluminum).  Does the maker/brand matter.
The