From: "Judith Rush" <crush@ptd.net>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 3:19 PM
Subject: [pct-l] shoes

  My son wants to get a couple of pairs of shoes for next years thru-hike,
for the last couple of years he's used New Balance 803s' and they worked out
good. They are no longer made, what would any of you suggest. I use Merrell
Chameleon Ventilators, the high ones to help my ankles, but he has good
ankles, and can go with light weight shoes. Any help will be appreciated.

Carl