[pct-l] Re: Butter or Margarine Substitute

Is butter really a problem on 5-6 day hike? Every time I've taken butter --
two sticks sometimes-it seems to do okay and not get rancid, even in 100 degree
Grand Canyon heat. Just make sure you use a bomb proof container. Maybe it
got so hot it clarified. Or preservatives?
  In blueberry season I like to take some bread, butter and sugar along.
First mash about a cup of berries in pan stir in sugar and a little water. Heat to
a near boil, and put aside. Butter pan, put in bread and make toast. Pour
blueberry syrup on toast and Yummy! Same thing on pancakes