[pct-l] Resupply

At 08:41 AM 10/22/2003 -0400, Judith Rush wrote:
>I'll be hiking the PCT next year also , is it possible to do the hike
>without maildrops??

In remote parts of Oregon and Washington, it is harder to resupply
conveniently near the trail. However, if you are not all picky about what
you eat, it is possible.
I once heard of person using only hiker boxes and what he got in
towns/resorts.  I imagine him eating lots of corn pasta, Pop Tarts, Slim
Jims, Doritos and discarded GORP (you get sick GORP quite fast).

Next year, I am going to use a hybrid buy as I go and send ahead to sparse
spots much like Mags described. I did mail drops the entire way and would
not recommend that either. Pre-arranged mail drops can lock you in to food
you got sick of a few hundred miles back. Buying as you go introduces
variety and keeps postage costs down.

Hope to see you on the trail,

Tangent