[pct-l] Resupply

Reading through the last thread on resupply, it sounds like a lot of
through hikers didn't mail themselves food from home.  Did you just shop
along the way?  How can you resupply at a gas station.  Most gas stations
I've been too only have junk food that wouldn't eat for a snack, let alone
for a week on the trail.  I always figured I didn't have much of a choice
except to plan all my food drops ahead of time.  Is there a better way?

Steve