[pct-l] wishing and hoping

I know a guy who has a CDT trip planned next year. Only problem is it is
dependent on whether or not his boss will let him have six months off of work. I
suggest that the guy doesn't really have the commitment it takes to actually
start a through hike if he is willing to let others control whether or not he
will. The proper attitude should be to get his financial house in order and to
tell that boss he is going whether he likes it or not. A difficult decision has
to be made: Do I like and want -or need - my job enough not to lose it or do
I want to do a thru hike? If it is the former, why torture yourself wishing
and hoping for 6 months of free time? If the job sucks you have nothing to lose
and a lot to gain by quitting and attempting a thru hike