[pct-l] sleeping bags

Greetings, Judson,

My experience with the Marmot Hydrogen is that it did not keep me warm at
temperatures considerably above 30 degrees. I carried it on a hike of the
JMT in August this year. I typically sleep warmly, but even with a pile
jacket, pants and cap, I would be cold inside the Hydrogen bag. This was
true every night but one.

I took the bag on two trips since then: to the Trinity Alps and to the Marin
Headlands. In the TAs, I used the Hydrogen with a silk liner and was okay in
temperatures in the 40s. With the temperature in the 50s in the Marin
Headlands, I slept comfortably.

>From now on, I will carry the Hydrogen only in fairly warm climates. I, too,
am looking for a lightweight 30 degree bag and am eager to see more

Peace,
Jim

http://pct04.com