[pct-l] Results of Pack & Shelter Survey

I hope that I've waited long enough for everyone to
respond.  I did receive ~30 replies; if I get more
coming in, I may send out a revised list.

For those who did not catch my original post, I asked
listers to submit the name of the shelter and pack
that they are currently using, including any "wish
list" items that they have their eye on.  I have
compiled the results into the following list.  Keep in
mind that this "survey" isn't exhaustive - just maybe
a bit representative.

I included subjective notes or comments when
applicable, but didn't include submitters' names.  I
ordered the list alphabetically so that I didn't
impart any favor to the items. I think this list is a
great way to get ideas and to start the shopping
process for those in the market, especially for those
unique ultralight items you can't find at REI.

Thanks to everyone for participating.  See you at ADZ
next April with this wonderful variety of gear!

PACKS IN USE
- Arc Teryx Bora 45
- Dana Racer X (2-lb ultralight with full suspension)
- Dana Glacier (5-lb just for Sierra; maybe WA)
- G-4 pack
- G-5 (8 oz.)
- GVP Gear G4
- GVP G-4
- GoLite Breeze
- GoLite Gust (1 lb.; good up to 30 lbs after that a
real bummer)
- Golite Gust (19 oz.)
- GoLite Gust
- Gregory Reality (comfort, fit and just the right
size - only complaint is the 5 lb. weight)
- Kelty Cloud (without any of the external pockets or
attachments, no waist belt, no internal stays)
- Kelty Cloud 4500
- Kelty Flight
- Kelty Satori (replacement model for the Flight; I
use it with the full suspension and the top bag, but
not the side bags)
- Mountainsmith Auspex
- OLD The North Face Snow Leopard (best fitting pack I
have ever owned)
- Osprey Aether (1997 model; 1900 cubic inches;  1lb
9 oz.)
- Osprey Aether 60 (2002 model; I love them for the
utility, comfort and
- Osprey Aether 60
- Serratus Genie from Mountain Equipment Coop
(excellent for males not too overweight only and
definitely lightweight)
lightness)
- Studio Zoic Pocket House (pack of my own design)
- ULA's P2 pack (http://www.ula-equipment.com/)
- ULA pack (wonderful)
- ULA P-2

WISH LIST PACKS
- 2 1/2 lb. Gregory Reality
- Kelty Cloud (to save a few oz.)
- McHale

TENTS & TARPS IN USE
- Black Diamond Betamid
- GoLite Cave
- Golite Cave
- GoLite Den (to pick up in Sierra and bump up to WA)
- Hennessey Hammock (best thing I have ever bought)
- Integral Designs 5'x8' silnylon poncho
- Henry Shires Cloudburst Tarptent
- Henry Shire's Tarptent Vigra (2003 model with
sewn-in floor for light-weight; I
love them for the utility, comfort and lightness)
- Moonstone Not-A-Tent Bivy
- Mountain Hardware Bat Ray II (tarp-tent for desert)
- Mountain Hardware Trango 2
- MSR Zoid 1.0
- The North Face Tadpole (old but in terrific shape)
- Nomad (1 lb. 12 oz.)
- Nomad Lite-n-Airy
- O-wear 2-person tarp
- REI Half Dome Plus II (great roomy tent for two; 5
lbs)
- REI Solo
- SilShelter
- Sierra Designs Clip Flashlight
- Sierra Designs ultralightyear (49 oz.)
- Sierra Designs Clip Flashlight
- Sierra Designs FlashLight Tent (1980ish-model; 3 lbs
4 oz.)
- Tarptent Squall (came through like a champ..in rain)
- Dancing Light Gear Tacoma Tarp
- Brawny's original Tacoma Tarp, now known as the Solo
Tarp
http://www.trailquest.net/store.html#tarps
- Tent of my own design (www.studiozoic.com/house)
- Walrus Arch Rival (still a great tent; two-person)
- Walrus Microswift

WISH LIST TENTS & TARPS
-  Bibler
- Europa II (Six Moons Design)
- Henry Shire’s TarpTent
(http://www.tarptent.com/index.html)
- Hilleberg Akto or Nallo
- Sierra Design Ultra Light Year
- Silponcho with bivy
- Stephenson Warmlite 2RS
- considering a hammock for Washington state
- If I didn't like to sleep on my stomach so much, I'd
buy one of Tom Hennesey's fabulous hammocks.

Nocona