[pct-l] Late JMT start?

saskia - I have hiked the JMT in september twice (1998 and 2001).
Both times encompassed the first two weeks in sept only.  Marshall is
really right on:  It varies from year to year.  In 1999, we were on
the trail 12 days and it rained 10 and also snowed one of the days
that it rained.  It was cold, the temp never really went much higher
than the mid 50's.

In 2000, we spent about 6 days on the trail (bailed at Bishop pass,
northbound)zero warm clothes.  The warmest thing I had was a fleece
jacket combined with a thin nylon rain suit.  We still made the whole
trip and had fun.  If you run into similar weather, you can make it,
you just have to be willing to tough it out and convince yourself
that its not that bad.  Those types of trips are always the ones you
remember anyway :-)

peace,
dude