[pct-l] plant guides and maps

My favorite Guide is "Sierra Nevada Natural History" by Tracy I. Storer
and Robert Usinger, University of California press.  It is
comprehensive, including plants, trees, mammals, birds, fish, reptiles,
amphibians, insects, etc.  My 1974 cloth bound edition weighs 373 g.  It
includes color plates and extensive geological info.  I found it to be a
great trail read.
My favorite sierra maps are the Tom Harrison Maps.  I use the Gloden
Trout Map (new), the Mt. Whitney High Country map, the Kings Canyon High
Country map, the Mono Divide High Country map, the Mammoth High Country
map, and the Yosemite park map.  This covers about 300 miles of the PCT
and gives me the big picture of all the side trails.  This is great when
I need to detour or hike out for resupply.  I don't like to be limited
to the narrow corridor of trail shown on the JMT map pack.
Marion