[pct-l] plant guides

Don't really know of any plant guides, but I can say that as a botanist you
are in for a real treat on the PCT. Wait until you get a look at a Coulter Pine
pine cone! I found the Chaparral to be fascinating -- imagine, plants that
WANT to burn ? I played a tree ID game as I hiked trying to recognize different
conifers first by their cones (easy after a while) then their needles (not as
easy) and finally by their bark  (difficult, for me anyway) Then there was all
kinds of different oaks (live, scrub, black, white, blue) cacti (prickly
pear, beaver tail, hedgehog, barrel),  wildflowers galore, and an occasional real
odd ball like the Pitcher plant. The flora is definitely one of the highlights
of the trail. My favorite plant had to be the Foxtail pine. They were like
snowflakes, no two alike