[pct-l] My new resupply strategy

If I were planning a PCT hike in 2004 , with today's technology I would
devise a different resupply strategy. First, I would compile an e-mail list of all
the resupply points along the way. Then I would e-mail each place asking if
they would put a package of supplies together, for a fee of course. That way
there would be no guessing as to whether or not my favorite snacks were in supply
or not. I would then E-mail them once again from the just previous (or two
previous) resupply point(s) at a library or other place where an Internet
connection was available or thru some other lightweight Internet connection gizmo
that I would carry to make sure the pre made package was waiting and ready to
go. If I did not hear back I would resupply as usual via Priority mail. Could be
one less thing to do at a town stop -- buy resupplies, that is
 I figure since places like VVR have to go to town to pick up a package
anyway (for a fee) that already cost me $10 to $20 to mail, why not make it even
more worth their time and effort by having THEM resupply me for the same money I
would have given USPS. Many resorts have their own web pages. They could
easily add a resupply option there to make additional bucks off of thru hikers.
Just use a credit or debit card to pay. If that didn't pan out I would simply
e-mail them to suggest items that I would be interested in buying if only they
stocked them. They could then e-mail me back with a yes or no as to
availability