[pct-l] **REAL** WINNERS are

the real winners are those who hike their own hike and do whatever
the heck they want without regard to any definition of "real winner"
except their own definition.  if your goal is to hike the PCT faster
than anyone else in the world, then that is a admirable goal. if your
goal is to hike the PCT for as long as possible, that is an admirable
goal as well.  if you goal is to day hike one afternoon on a 1/2 mile
section of the PCT and never do anything else, that's cool too.

If someone is happy about their accomplishment or plans, then I like
to be happy with them and support them, no matter what my subjective
judgement of their accomplishment is.

peace,
dude