[pct-l] Hiking Poles

Marge I thought the idea of the straps was to take the weight! I barely grip
the handle as I have found that having to grip tight enough to put all that
force through the pole makes my hands ache, I prefer to lightly grip the
pole and let the force go straight through the 5th metacarple of my hand via
the strap (which on my leki poles have a softer material on the inside to
prevent any chaffing).  I'm surprised you can grip hard enough without the
straps especially if you have arthritic hands?

Rik