[pct-l] Greetings!

I have been a member of the mailing list for a week now and feeling guilty
that I haven't introduced myself yet!

I have been wating to hike the PCT for about 25 years now, ever since I read
Eric Ryback's book.  I am finally getting my chance and am going to attempt
a thru-hike in 2005, starting on what will be my 42nd birthday.  I grew up
hiking and backpacking in the San Gabriel mountains as well is in the Lake
Tahoe area but have spent way too much time behind a desk and have done
exactly zero miles in the last ten years.  I plan on spending the next 590
days or so getting back into shape, hiking some sections near my home
(between Sonora Pass and Echo Summit) and planning out this adventure that I
have waiting so long to do.

Anyway, I'm having fun reading through all of the journals and already
getting to know a lot of your names.  Just wanted to let you know that I am
lurking in the background soaking up all of the info that I can get my hands
on...and thoroughly enjoying every bit of it.

Jeff Brenner, Pine Grove, CA. (trail name soon to be chosen by my 3 teenage
nieces)

http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es