[pct-l] Dog Musher Stove on the way!!

 Just ordered my Quest/Ididarod Race stove yesterday and hopefully will have
it to bring to the ALDA-WEST gathering Oct. 3d thru the 5th. This is the
alcohol stove all dog mushers now use in their races.
   Stove melts snow enough to make 3 gallons of hot water faster than
anything else on market.! ( White gas, propane,etc.) It is a fuel hog using one and a
half pints  of alcohol to do 3 gallons waters of water. ( one cup of alcohol
per gallon of water to be boiled.
   I hope to use this stove on winter group snowshoe trips . Also , with all
the great stove builders on this list, should be able to built a " Knock-Off"
which will also be lighter and maybe even better.
   Mushers use a 12 quart stock pot and top of their stove as they need to
water and feed sixteen dogs and themselves. Might be fun to make a slightly
smaller version for winter PCT trips.
   Last year , I made and used a large version of Roy's Cat Stove on Mt.
Rainier to melt snow for water for three of us. The large version boiled 1 liter
of ice water at 10,000 ft. in 5 and a half minutes with a lid.