[pct-l] Burney post office

I received a telephone call the other day from the Post Master of the Burney.  He stated each year he sees the end of the hiking season with numerous thru hiker boxes unclaimed at his post office in the town of Burney. He is sure people are confusing Burney with McArthur Burney Falls Memorial State Park.

My concern is that numerous hikers each year are not getting their boxes at the site they thought they would. I post this now for the Class of 2004 and will try to remember to do so again as we get closer to winter/spring of 2004.

JoAnn M. Michael
Regional Coordinator, Northern California
Pacific Crest Trail Association