[pct-l] Heat Protection

Hi

During a recent heatwave, I rigged by tarp in the garden and sat beneath it.
The super thin 1.1oz silnylon offered very little protection from the heat,
it's also kind of transulucent.  Does anyone think it would be worth my
while rigging a mylar space blancket over the top of the tarp for the
desert? I am intending to sit out the heat of the day whenever possible, and
reakon  I would probably need to use 2 at 2 oz each, is this a worthwhile
weight to take? I had not intended to use a space blanket for anything else.

Regards

Rik