[pct-l] poor old Ray

I found that lightweight meant everything.  I had never hiked more than about
17 miles in a day, and that after a week to 10 days of
conditioning-by-hiking.  On the PCT, with base weight of 10.9#, I started out with a 20 mile day
from the border to Lake Morena and was able to mostly keep that mileage up.  I
hiked from Idyllwild to the Snow Creek water fountain ( 37 miles) in one long
horrible day.  But.... in general, I found 20+ mile days were not unduly harsh.
By the way, I am 61 and  was somewhat overweight ( at least at the beginning).

No Way (Ray E)