  To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
  Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 9:00 AM
  Subject: [pct-l] New CA guidebooks vs old?

  Do I need to buy the two new CA guidebooks if I have the previous one volume
  CA guide?  Has the trail been relocated a lot?  New water sources in S. CA
  not mentioned in previous guide? Etc...

  I plan on doing a hike next year so this might be 'jumpining the gun' a bit
  but the new guides are only $14 each on amazon right now.

  Thanks, Christy