[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[pct-l] 2004 prospect questions
- Subject: [pct-l] 2004 prospect questions
- From: ferejohn at hotmail.com (Marissa Ferejohn)
- Date: Tue Aug 19 11:04:56 2003
I am preparing for a thru-hike next year and, naturally, I have a million
I will limit myself to just two of them in this post, however :)
1. I am debating between three shelters: The Tarp-tent Virga, the
Wanderlust Nomad Lite,
and the MSR Ziod 1.0. I would love to hear opinions on any or all of these
if people have had weather or warmth problems with them, what the
condensation is like,
if it is a pain to have to be careful about wind direction when pitching the
tarp-tent, if the
Zoid is not worth the weight, etc. Any experiences/opinions are helpful!
2. Do people carry those lightweight in-step crampons in the high Sierra,
and will they work on
non-booths (like New Balence shoes or low topped hiking shoes)? I am
planning on bringing an
ice axe but am wondering if the lightweight crampons will bring me
peace-of-mind on the
steeper, snowier passes.
Thanks for your help! I am sure you will hear from me again . . .
<b>Get MSN 8</b> and help protect your children with advanced parental