[pct-l] final questions

Leaving any day, so let me throw all my final questions to you pros at
once-
1)     Will I need DEET, or some other toxic potion, going through Three
Sisters area in about a week? I am au natural with these kinds of
things, but everyone is telling me I'm crazy. Someone said sage is
good-but maybe they were just telling me what I wanted to hear
2)     Is it stupid to hike in SNEAKERS when I have never done that
before-always have used boots? Boots or sneaks?
3)     No response yet to my WATER FILTRATION question. What method do
you all use?!!
4)     Thanks, David, for the Tyvek. This list works--I'm all set now!
Sandi (sandi@bark-out.org)