[pct-l] GoLite Backpack (and other ramblings)

I just wanted to thank all you folks for your great discussions.  I have been enlightened (and lightened) from you experiences.  I just bought a GoLite Trek backpack as my second step in shedding unnecessary weight.  It was hard to believe that a pack weighing so much less than my existing pack could perform the equivilent functions.  I got it off of Ebay and am really excited to try it out!

Does anyone own the Cave Tarp-tent?  I was thinking of getting one with the bug net for next year's thru-hike.  It sure would be nice to shed another 3 pounds!

How difficult is it to rent a bear canister from the Park Service?  Can you send it back to them?  Do you need a reservation for it?  Does anyone buy their own and use it for the whole trip?

Anyways, thanks again for the help and Have A Great Day :-)