[pct-l] Pepsi can stove

The Photon stove is my favorite as well, but recently I read someone's
analysis of different versions of soda can stoves, and the "open cylinder"
style one seemed to be his favorite, so I am going to do some testing of my
own one of these weekends ;-)

I did make one modification to my photon stove's center fill hole. I went to
Home Depot and found an aluminum nut and bolt. I can't recall the size off
the top of my head, but I doubt it really makes much difference. Just make
sure they fit together hehe. I bought the shortest bolt they had to fit the
size nut I wanted to use. Basically I chose the nut size based around the
size of filler hole I wanted.

During construction, I used the same epoxy I seal the 2 cans together with
to glue the nut onto the inside of the burner half of the can. Obviously you
need to do this before you finish assembly ;-)  What I found worked best
(after about 4 attempts) is to position the nut and bolt in the center of
the hole and just tighten them together a bit to hold it in place. Then just
apply some of the epoxy (JB Weld) around the edge of the nut where it is
touchign the can.

This worked great for me. As far as losing the bolt, not sure what you could
do to solve that. The chain idea seemed a little overboard for me. The
aluminum bolt is so light you could just carry a spare. If you lost both, I
suppose using a nickel would still work. The aluminum hardware is very very
light, so I doubt it added a signifigant weight to the stove. I was actually
a bit shocked how light they were when I was at Home Depot. Compare them to
their zinc cousins and you will be amazed as well ;-)  One last hint. It
took me forever to find the aluminum parts I wanted. They are in the big
drawers of hardware. I was looking on the long isle of bins, and only found
zinc. They were hiding the aluminum ones lol!

Good luck and Happy Trails :-)