[pct-l] Alternatives for tent rope

I am looking for a super-light-weight alternative to regulay nylon
cord for pitching a tent or tarp.

This seems absolutely over-the-top crazy, but I have to check it
out.  I was looking at my Glide dental floss and saw that it is made
by the Gore Corporation, which also makes Goretex.  The floss is made
of teflon, which is what bullet-proof vests used to be made from.
This got me thinking that I might be able to use the floss to pitch a
tent/tarp.

Has anyone ever tried anything similar?  ...or have information about
the strength of this floss?

thanks,
dude