[pct-l] Newbie questions

James I'll second this!

These Yanks have got this thru hiking thing down to a fine art! When you
consider the distances involved and the logistics, a trip over between now
and 07 would be a very worthwhile investment. Though this list is great and
others like it, nothing beats a bit of experiential learning and the kick
off party http://siechert.org/adz/ is a great place to condense it all in
one weekend!

Contact me off list if you want, richardhare@clara.co.uk  I'm in contact
with a couple of other Brits who have done the trip and been very helpful.
I'm in Sussex near the  South Downs which seems to undulate in much the same
way as the PCT, though of course at only 100 miles is hardly a warm up in
comparison and unlike the PCT you can usually hop off at any point and enjoy
a pint at one of the villages within a mile or so of the route.  I've been
testing out some kit and using the downs to get some miles in
http://www.richardhare.net/wolstonbury/ you may find like me that that 25lb
pack you thought was light may need rethinking!

Good luck

Richard