[pct-l] Yard sale Paradise!!

 Today as we went to pick up daughter's 40.00 Ping-Pong Table, I found a mint
shape early 70's REI 3 to 4 man Mountain Tent in Rescue Burnt Orange Color.
Complete with snow entrance tunnel on one end. This is a classic find or a
total of 25.00 and as new!! Also picked up a nice coleman miltary stove for 7.00
and old climbing glasses for 50 cents. Guy I bought it from was in his late
80's and had bought the tent for a trip to Canada  30 years ago and it stayed in
the time capsile garage till today's yard sale. Olympia has the best yard
sales as many backpackers and climbers live here and lots have given up the sport
or are replacing their gear with the newer ( lighter) stuff. Even the little
skewer pegs say, " Made in England" Nothing from china or Taiwan with this
tent. Orange fabric is of course ripstop nylon and the old school heavy coated
nylon floor.  This tent is too cool! Much like the old Sierra Designs Glacier
Tents of the 70's. I will bring it to next kick-off. ( I only wish it had a cook
hole in it)  Monte