[pct-l] Sec. N

I just spoke to a ranger from the Almanor Ranger District of Lassen National
Forest. They are in charge of trail maintenance from Belden to the Lassen NP
boundary. She said that this year, due to lack of funds to hire crews, they
will be no work done on the PCT in that area. In other words, whatever
blowdowns are there, are staying there. Aren't tax cuts great??

Does anyone happen to know what this section is like this year? If the
blowdowns are anything like they are up in my neck of the woods, those
thru-hikers will be in for a nasty surprise.

Judson Brown
"Pounder"
Ashland