[pct-l] Stealth camping - All in a word.

> Someone mentioned how using
> a bear canister allows you to camp in those great sites like along lakes,
> streams, etc. However, if you're practicing LNT hiking, you're not camping
> that close to lakes, streams and such.

that'd be me.......

I'll use 1,000 Island Lake as an example.  Everybody on this list knows it's
foolish to camp at 1,000 island lake unless you have a bear can.  I LOVE
camping
at 1,000 island lake, and don't believe I'm ignoring LNT practices by doing
so.
I don't even know if I'd go there if I had to just look at it, then run away
from
the bears in the area.

I believe 100 feet away from water is LNT enough, no ?