[pct-l] getting to crater lake?

Hey, Just a quick question that someone may have some insight on. I and a friend are section hiking this summer, going from Crater Lake to Manning park, taking it easy and enjoying the trail. We're starting in theory on the 24th.

The one thing we're having trouble figuring out is how to get to crater lake starting from portland. You can greyhound to medford but from there the only option I can find is to try to hitch the rest of the way into the park (77 miles). Does anybody know how hitching this route is? Or of another way?

thanks

-Charles