[pct-l] 2004 thruhike

Hi,

I think I-15 is a pretty good place to start. on May 20th. I think the
main group this year was probably around Wrightwood about that time, but
it probably varies from year to year. My experience is thruhikers aren't
the constant presence they are on the AT, but there are enough of them
around that you should be able to hike alone safely. The PCT from what I
have seen is of an easier grade than a lot of the AT, so the pack
shouldn't be a problem. Can't say about fording rivers; they are all in
sections I haven't done yet, and I think it will depend on snowfall next
year. What I suggest is email Donna Saufley at dsaufley@sprynet.com
before you start. She is a center for trail information, particularly
the important question of water availability, as there are a lot of
sections where water is scarce in Southern California. You will also
want to visit the Saufleys when you get to Agua Dulce.  They are great
folks.