[pct-l] Use of terms...

A month or so ago I was browsing the EMS website, just checking out gear.  I noticed they had a category - Ultralight or lightweight gear - don't remember which.

The gear they were selling was neither lightweight nor ultralight - 5lb tents, 3lb sleeping bags, 4 lb packs.  I wrote customer service an e-mail saying that their advertising was misinformed at best, and an outright lie at worst.  I got an e-mail back saying they would forward my comments to marketing - the suits.

I just checked the EMS website and couldn't find any use of the two terms.

Who knows if the e-mail made a difference.  It sure felt good to write it though...

Jeff Olson
Laramie Wyoming, where the short grass prarie is vibrantly green, and the 11K to 12K Snowys, Laramie's best kept secret, are still covered in snow.