[pct-l] snow south of Reds Meadow

Yesterday I volunteered (for National Trails Day) to
help clear blowdowns, etc. along the PCT between Reds
Meadow and Crater Meadow.  There was almost no snow
until we got up to the junction with the Mammoth Pass
trail, where the trail was completely buried in 3-4
feet of snow.  It was hot and melting fast, though,
and the lower Crater Meadow was more like a swamp than
a meadow...
The road down to Red's will open to the public this
Friday afternoon.
Clearing blowdowns with a two-person saw is hard
work...but we had a lot of fun!
Katy