[pct-l] Snow past Kennedy Meadows?

Has anyone heard word from hikers between Kennedy and VVR.  I guess that there should be quite a few hiking that section currently. Just looking for an update on the conditions that they ended up facing.  I talked to a couple of hikers that had gotten to Kennedy meadows on Wednesday June 4th that decided not to cross because they didn't want to deal with the snow, and heard that others had grouped up to head through and chop steps.  I began in Campo on may 23rd and hiked about a hundred miles, then decided that the heat wasn't for me.  I'd like to begin again at Kennedy meadows when the snow has subsided enough, or has it already?  What about shoes.  What kind of shoes are people wearing that would be crossing that section at this time.  Are running shoes good enough or will they just not cut it?

                                                                Dan