[pct-l] Sign at Joshua Springs

Joshua Springs was one of the nicest and most
memorable springs along the trail. Don't pass it up,
even if you don't need water (but you probably will).

It was a great place for an early afternoon dinner
stop. Lots of shade, lots of water.

Scott Parks

> JD
>
> Well, JD sorry it took me so long to answer your
> comments about my post on
> Joshua Springs. I had to do some research.
>
> First let me explain why I am concerns about the
> sign posted by BLM at Joshua
> Springs which reads "WATER NOT SAFE FOR DRINKING"
>
> My son and I were backpacking from Walker Pass to
> Whitney. The temperature
> was 115 degrees. We arranged to meet at 12 noon to
> have lunch together. He is
> much younger then I and usually several miles ahead. > At lunch he was nearly out

---
Art       : http://stillroaming.tripod.com/art
Hiking    : http://stillroaming.tripod.com/pct