[pct-l] Bridgeport and Tahoe Stories

 Bridgeport?? We came though there in late spring a few years ago and almost
traded my family and my Van for a Harley! They hold a HUGE biker bash with
about 5,000 Harleys in town and three local cops huddled together at the other
end of town scatching their heads. ( Neat little little town actually) Most
Harley riders today are by and large hard working stiffs which it takes to own one
of those 25,000  dollar toys.
  South Lake Tahoe?? I have happy memories of this place back in 70's!! (
Good place to refuel your gut for cheap) We reached Echo Lake Summit on a Sunday
and Post Office was closed. We then thumbed 13 or so miles down to South Lake
Tahoe with 5.00 in my pocket. Ate all you can eat Seafood dinner for 2.99 and
just slept in the trees behind Gold Nugget Parking Lot. In morning , I got a
99 cent breakfast and gambled the rest of my change in a nickel machine. On my
last nickel , I won my 5 bucks back!!!! We then thumbed back up to Echo Monday
morning , got my drop box and started hiking again. ( True Story)   Just
think, you could hit a 50,000  dollar Keno ticket for a buck investment and buy
all Stephenson gear to finish your trip!!! ( TIC in case your out there Tom!!)