[pct-l] Re: Poor man's Sigg bottle

I posted on this bottle a little while back when I noticed it was an
aluminum bottle.  Still not sure it is not a "sandwich" - aluminum on the
outside and the inside and plastic in between. I wrapped it with pipe
insulation and used it as a thermos.  A good plastic bottle would probably
have worked better as the aluminum conducts heat very well and the heat can
escape through the metal bottle cap.

I got the Raise drink just for the bottle.  It also has a slightly bigger
opening than most plastic pop bottles.  On my post I said that it was the
strangest tasting stuff I had ever tasted - couldn't decide whether it was
a fruit flavor or a vegetable or a combination".  If you have no idea what
a flavor is, I guess that is "techno"

Joanne

----------
> From: Deems <losthiker@sisqtel.net>
> To: pct <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
> Subject: [pct-l] Re: Poor man's Sigg bottle
> Date: Monday, May 19, 2003 5:00 PM
>
> The 12oz aluminum bottle Monte refers to is a Power Ade sports drink
going by the names of "Psych" and "Raize".
> Psych comes in a red-silver bottle and has a berry taste. The Raize comes
in a blue-silver bottle with a techno taste. The bottle weighs 52 grams,
> but packs small and is very sturdy for alcohol fuel use. The gauge of
metal is much thicker, than a soda can and worthy of a stove design. Though

> not as light as the plastic bottles for storing alcohol fuel, I've found
them very sturdy and smaller for packing for the short trips.  I sand the
sharp
> edges of the screw top lid and remove the ring left after opening
creating a very trick and free alcohol stove system component.  Dimensions
are 7 inches by two inches. Two dollars locally.