[pct-l] Helpful Snakebit Tools

Monty

First of all the snake can size up the situation faster then you can. One
look at Monty the snake will realize I can't digest that much meat. If the snake
does bit a human it will usually leave a small amount of venom  I young snake
can be more deadly by over estimating the victim size. If it's a smart snake
it will high tail out of your way. If suddenly walked on they may try to put up
a defense. It's usually the third person who gets bitten if walking in line
on a trail.

I read were the Indians would lay down and not move for several day. This way
the poison would react more slowly and gradually disseminates through out the
body. The suction pump which Brick talked about cost about $15.00 on line. It
sound good. may buy one. I took a Wilderness First Response Course several
years ago they said keep calm and walk out for help.

lonetrail