[pct-l] Snake Bite Kit.

Now that is kinda insulting! Clearly, you read them before hand..
takes a minute...not from the 50's...  maybe the Jim Beam is!!
You gonna give some new people the wrong idea about u...but they
are all on the trail anyhow..!Right!!!

Sorry Charlie...it is a surgical knife..not a razor blade..
and I did not advocate kicking snakes off the trail...people get
bit far from medical help and if I was with the guy who died
I can probably almost guarantee that I would have saved his
life!! (Barring any unknowns in his health condition!) SO there!

I only advocate carrying it where there are a LOT of snakes,
and the PCT really does not qaulify as to season and plethora
of snakes. SoCal areas in the low hot forests do if you,
are on a 10 day'er or somewhere like that temp and climate
many hours from help. Like a cell phone. These things are not
retro, they are the 21st century!

Snake bite kit: 1.80 oz
Cellphone: 6.2 oz

In light of the hikers death I don't think it is very respectful making
fun of the snake bit kit, God rest his soul!

Richard